We appreciate and value our Contractors, and we're looking forward to doing business together!
Or give us a call directly! (661)-269-7311
Let's Work Together!
There are 13+ real estate professionals that play vital roles in guiding a buyer or seller through the real estate process. When we are purchasing properties, that number is closer to 19+. That's because we appreciate the value professionals like you bring to the table, and we're more than happy to work with you!
With a focus in Residential Redevelopment, Contractors play the most important role in the process.
A Little About Us
WASY HOMES is a professional, full-service real estate solutions company that buys and sells properties throughout the U.S. We specialist in buying distressed homes at a significant discount and renovating and reselling them.
We assist homeowners facing a multitude of various real estate problems, and we purchase multiple properties each month, with a focus on Residential Redevelopment to help revitalize communities.
Our success in assisting homeowners and communities is only possible with the help of the many other Real Estate Professionals, the most important of which is our Contractors.
Short-Term Renovation Goals
As well-established real estate professionals, we are in this business for the long haul. We place a high priority on developing long-term relationships with out customers and our contractors so that we all achieve our goals.
Our short term goal is to aggressively expand the presence of our business in surrounding markets. Our current annual projection is to renovate three or more homes each quarter and acquire a new rental property. Rehab budgets on our projects range anywhere from $5,000 on a rental property to $250,000 on a full rehab. Typical project timeframes generally run from 3-6 months.
Our goal is to turn around our projects at a rapid pace so we can get paid as quickly as possible and use those profits to immediately start on the next rehab. This ensures that we and our contractor teams have a steady supply of work.
Our 5-10 Year Vision
- Continue our annual residential redevelopment program
- Pursue commercial projects such as apartment building acquisitions and land development. With our management skills and background in the development industry, our natural progression will expand us into the community-development arena.
- Purchase small tracts of land and develop residential communities throughout the Bakersfield area. To accomplish this long-term goal, it will be imperative that we develop strong relationships with contractors who have a like-minded goal of expansion.
Long-Term Renovation Goals
Our long term goal is to grow our operations in multiple target markets across the country in the coming years.
What this means for you is a growing stream of rehab projects for our contractors to work on long into the future, providing our affiliated contractors with a reliable source of projects for many years to come.
Investment & Redevelopment Strategy
Our business strategy is to purchase undervalued 1-8 unit residential properties, renovate them to a highly desirable condition, and sell these properties directly to single-family homebuyers or investors as quickly as possible after completion.
To generate value, we focus on aggressive project management coupled with the use of highly skilled and professional independent contractors to complete our renovations. In addition, we employ proactive marketing tactics to pre-sell our properties during the rehab stage instead of waiting until the project is complete. This gives us a head start that often enables us to sell our properties before the paint has even dried on them. Successful execution of theses strategies rely on the quality of work performed by our contractors, which is why we put such a high premium on finding the best contractors in the area and then developing long-term, mutually beneficial win-win relationships.
Why Our Model Works
- Speed and efficiency in the rehab process
- Quality of workmanship
- Community appreciation
- Mutual respect for everyone's time involved
- Integrity of product delivered to the marketplace
Why Contractors Love Working with us
We work hard to create positive and productive mutually beneficial relationships with our affiliated businesses and contracting teams. We strive to assist in the business development of our contracting teams with a goal of mutual growth and continued, long-term success. The use of our proven construction rehab system results in a more predictable and efficient process which consistently creates a superior product and increased profit for our contractors.
Here are some of the benefits of working with WASY HOMES:
We LOVE To Pay Our Contractors
Unlike some companies you may have worked with in the past, we love to pay our contractors. Really! We know you've got a business to run and bills to pay - so do we. We understand that when you complete a payment milestone you want to get paid as soon as possible. And we know that it's in our interest to have a committed, happy contractor as a partner. So we will pay you - and pay you promptly - as the work is completed in the stages laid out at the onset of the project.
A Steady Stream Of Work
Our business strategy is to purchase distressed residential properties, and then renovate and sell them to retail homebuyers and landlords. We have a dedicated acquisition team constantly scanning the market for properties that meet our investment profile. Our acquisitions specialist get paid commission, so they are highly motivated to find properties, giving us a steady supply of projects for you and your team.
We also work with a national group of investors who provide us with the funding we need to finance our aggressive approach to buying, rehabbing, and selling properties in short timeframes. This resource of funds allows us to buy properties quickly and consistently.
We'll Help You Create New Business
We pride ourselves on having a strong foundation of real estate knowledge and training. Our core business lies within our systems, education, and knowledge of the real estate industry. We didn't just become investors overnight. We've spent thousands of dollars on education and systems that allow us to be successful in this business and do it the right way the first time.
We actively share our knowledge with our contractors, providing them with the information they need to help develop their own businesses and create long-term success - for themselves and for their workers. Renovating several homes a month generates tons of old and new clients asking for renovation advice, and more importantly, a "Good Contractor." We believe wholeheartedly in referring business to the people who help support our growth and would gladly recommend you and your team.
We'll Make Your Life Easier
We have a proven system in place with a pre-determined Scope Of Work (SOW) containing all the details of the renovations in one spot, making life much easier for our contractors. We select all the materials that will go into our homes, and we clearly lay out everything that we want done by our contractors, so that they can focus on doing the work they do best - contracting.
Working within our system allows you to move from job to job, not having to worry about where your next job is coming from. We always hear from our contractors that one of the best things about with with WASY HOMES is how every component in the Scope Of Work is line-itemed, and materials often even have the associated SKU# and where to purchase it included. We know time is money for both of us, so we do the extra work on the front end to make sure our budgets and timeframes are very accurate.
Sample Scope Of Work (SOW)
- Remove existing roof
- Replace any damaged sheeting or starter board
- Install new 15 lbs felt paper
- Install new dimensional composite shingle roof (charcoal color)
- Paint all roof penetrations black
- Remove all debris in front and back yard
- Remove all weeks in front and back yard
- Install sod in the front and back yard
- Cut in planter boxes next to house and fence in front and back yard and plant drought tolerant plants
- Test irrigation system and repair where needed or install one in front yard
- Replace all windows with retro fit insert windows
- Replace all sliders with retro fit
- Remove all trash in house
- Demo kitchen and remove cabinets
- Demo existing bathroom toilet, vanity, tile floor, and shower surround
- Remove all tile flooring
- Scrape popcorn ceiling
- Remove all window coverings
- Do not damage wood flor as we are keeping it (install rosin paper to protect flooring)
- Construct new bathroom where existing bedroom is (see layout)
- Construct new stackable laundry closet in hallway (see layout)
- Change all door hinges and hardware with brush nickel
- Retexture ceiling
- Install new ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Combine both back bedrooms to create large master suite (see layout)
- Close off door to existing bathroom and construct new door going into master suite (see layout)
- Change front door hardware - Home Depot #640-064 $169
- Install backsplash - DalTile Travertine 3"x6" honed $6.11/sq ft #T711361U (installed subway style and to the bottom of the cabinets)
- Install backsplash accent tile 4" strip - DalTile American Olean Legacy Glass Celedon 2"x2" LG03
- Install new stainless steel appliances
- A) Frigidaire FFFtr2126ls 21 CF Top Freezer Refrigerator - $625.00
- B) Frigidaire FFFMV162LS 1.6 CF 1,000 Watt Range Microwave - $269.00
- C) Frigidaire FFFBD2406NS 24" Built in Dishwasher - $295.00
- D) Frigidaire FFFGF3047LS 30" Free Standing Gas Range - $556.00
- Install new faucet - Proflo PFXC8011BN Single Handle Kitchen Faucet w/ Pullout Spray (Low Lead Compliant) - $180.65
- Install new countertops - Rainbow Stone "New Venetian Gold" Granite
- Install new cabinets - Home Depot American Classics Harvest Finish
- Install 4 recessed lights
- Paint as per color scheme
- Install new vanity (expresso finish)
- New Faucet - Grohe G20209002 "Eurostyle Cosmopolitan" 8" Widespread Bathroom Sink Faucet - $160.10
- New toilet (Elongated Bowl)
- New tub - Sterline S610411100 "All Pro" 60" Soaking Tub - $128.90
- Shower head and trim kit - Grohe G26017000 "BauLoop" Tub & Shower Faucet Trim - $130.95
- New shower valve - Grohe G35015000 Tub & Shower Valve - $67.50
- Install Tile surround - DalTile Rittenhouse Square 3"x6" Matte Almond $2.70/sq ft #X735 (installed subway style, tile to ceiling)
- Accent Tile 12" Strip - DalTile Stone Radiance Whisper Green Blend (installed roughly 5" up the wall)
- Tile floor - DalTile Travertine 18"x18" Honed $1.00/sq ft (installed subway style)
- New toilet (Elongated Bowl)
- New tub - Home Depot #693-952 $209
- Install new vanity (expresso finish)
- Tub spout - Grohe G13611000 "Eurodisc" Tub Spout - $14.65
- New Faucet - Grohe G20209002 "Eurostyle Cosmopolitan" 8" Widespread Bathroom Sink Faucet - $160.10
- Install Rain shower head and regular showerhead - Moen MS6360 2.5 GPM Flat Rain Showerhead - $125.10 & Grohe G19595000" "BauLoop" Shower Head with Trim Kit - $47.25
- Install 2 new shower valves - Grohe G35015000 Tub & Shower Valve - $67.50
- Install Tile Surround - DalTile Fabric 12"x24" $3.70/sq ft #P687 (Installed subway style, tile to ceiling and tile ceiling)
- Accent Tiel on control wall - DalTile Class Reflections Subway Mint Jubilee 3"x6" 9.06/sq ft #GR15 (installed subway style)
- Tile back splash behind mirror to ceiling - DalTile Class Reflections Subway Mint Jubilee 3"x6" $9.06/sq ft #GR15 (installed subway style)
- Tile floor - DalTile Veranda 13"x13" Dune $3.70/sq ft (installed subway style)
- Install slab closet doors (make sure they are hollow core interior doors converted to closet doors, install ceiling and floor tracks as well as hardware
- Lighting - Home Depot Hampton Bay 2 - Light Flush mount with Opal Glass, #534-435, $39.97/ea
- Check all existing plumbing & repair/replace as needed, per code
- New angle stops on all water lines
- Check gas lines & repair/replace as needed
- Check all drain lines & repair/replace as needed
- Replace all outlets & switches
- Check all wiring & replace where needed, per code
- Install recessed lighting as per drawing
- Check panel * repair/replace as needed
- Install Dead Panel if missing
- Check for open junction point in attic
- Inspect and repair as needed
COMPLETION OF FINAL PUNCH LIST:
General Contracting Work - $33,300.00
Appliances - $2,000.00
Electrical - $2,750.00
Plumbing - $6,500.00
Landscaping - $2,000.00
Flooring - $1,850.00
Roofing - $4,500.00
Staging (2 month minimum contract) - $1,500.00
Misc. and Permits - $1,500.00
TOTAL - $55,900
Type Of Contractors We're Looking For
An ideal contracting partnership consists of four main components
- Consistent work ethic
- Superior workmanship
- Maintained job sites
- Passion to achieve a high-quality finished product
The Ideal Fit For Us
We're looking for professional contractors who have high standards, with a team of reliable subcontractors who do quality work, and who have been in business for some time - with the track record and references to prove it. Here are some things we're looking for in our contractors:
- Fully licensed with licenses up to date. Same with their subcontractors
- Insured - including worker's comp, liability - with a minimum limit of $1 million
- Been in business in the area for at least two years
- Has a consistent crew of subcontractors
- Keeps worksite clean and maintained
- Can provide a list of references, with current contact information
- Belongs to the Better Business Bureau or one of the national associations off builders or carpenters
- Provides written warrantees of a year or more for their work
- A reputable company with no history of lawsuits
- Has financial resources - able to float material cost until work is complete and ready for draw.
We Work On Volume
Our strong financial backing allows us to aggressively pursue multiple homes every month through our acquisitions department. The fact that we work on this volume will keep you and your subcontractors busy throughout the year and ensure that you get paid quickly and consistently. There's nothing worse than losing good subcontractors because you can't keep them busy. When you find a quality employee, just like us you don't want to lose them. Our steady-volume approach will save you from headaches and hours wrapped up in finding and having to train someone new.
The Glass Is Half-Full
We want contractors who have a positive, can-do attitude. We expect our contractors to be looking at the big picture and to understand the value of the long-term relationship and stability that we offer. As you know, unexpected circumstances happen on a job site. It's imperative that you, your team, and WASY HOMES are all able to see beyond these bumps in the road, be resourceful, and come up with a timely and amicable solution for everyone involved. Focus on what can be done, not on what can't!
How We Operate
We are experienced, ethical real estate professionals, with a very high level of organization as a result of the proven system that we follow for our projects. Our approach makes our contractors' lives easier because everything is clearly laid out, ensuring everyone is on the same page from the very beginning. You can focus on what you're great at - contracting - and we can focus on finding more home to renovate.
6 Critical Documents
There are six critical documents that ew require for all of our projects. To work with us, you will need to complete them. To view samples of the 6 Critical Documents, click the button below.
We Always Pull Permits
To ensure that our projects are done right and that buyers feel comfortable that the work was done correctly, we always pull permits. Permits protect both the contractor and us as the owner. If a contractor has a problem with that, then we won't be working together.
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Exhibit A - Scope Of Work
- Exhibit B - Payment Schedule
- Exhibit C - Indemnification, Hold Harmless, & Insurance Agreement
- Contractor Final And Unconditional Waiver Of Lien
- IRS W-9 Form (for year-end 1099)
Taking The Next Steps
If you're bidding on a renovation project, it is important that we get a response back from you as soon as possible. We take our time parameters very seriously, and it's imperative we start out on the right path respecting everyone's time. We don't always take the "lowest" bid - our expectation is to find the best contractor, the one that delivers a winning combination of price, quality, and service. All three of these components are of equal important to the success of our partnership.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
What To Do Next
If you're interested in working together, fill out the form, and someone from WASY HOMES will get in touch with you to chat about how we can help each other.
If you're curious to learn more, feel free to send us an email at [email protected], or call us directly at (661)-269-7311.